MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:April Escamilla Date:June 9 1999 9:02pm
Subject:Re: mysql_real_connect problem??
View as plain text
Sorry, Paul.  My login has little to no permissions right now (we just
created it yeterday) and my coworker placed the 3 .h files referenced in my
code, and all the libraries from /usr/local/mysql/lib into my directories
for testing right now.. we'll change it eventually, but for now, we're just
testing this out.  Sorry for the confusion.  Just to see if this was a
permission problem vs a library problem I tried the following

cc -o mysql_connect mysql_connect.c -lc -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient
undefined                                      first referenced
 symbol                                                in file
mysql_real_connect                           mysql_connect.o
i386ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors.  No output written to mysql_connect

   When I replace the -L/usr/local/mysql/lib with the above mentioned
/u/april/mysql, I get the exact same error as typed above.
   Also, I tried using mysql_connect as opposed to mysql_real_connect, and
the same errors occured during that cc as above.
  I am stumped on this one...Again, sorry for the confusion Paul.

thanks,
april