MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:April Escamilla Date:June 9 1999 3:37pm
Subject:Re: mysql_real_connect problem??
View as plain text
Paul,

   No, I'm not doing this as root -- I put those pound signs in because I
didn't copy my prompt, and a # is quicker to type.  :)  But, I did try your
command line approach and received this error:

april=/u/april [200]:cc -o mysql_connect
mysql_connect.c -lc -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient
undefined                       first referenced
mysql_init                          mysql_connect.o
mysql_real_connect                  mysql_connect.o
i386ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mysql_connect

   Any thoughts on this?  Thanks very very much, Paul, for helping me out on
this problem :)

april

>From: Paul DuBois <paul@stripped>
>To: April Escamilla <aprile@stripped>; Paul DuBois
><paul@stripped>
>Cc: mysql@stripped <mysql@stripped>
>Date: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 10:32 AM
>Subject: Re: mysql_real_connect problem??
>

>>At 10:17 AM -0500 6/9/99, April Escamilla wrote:
>>>Yes, I do have libmysqlclient.a.  Its full path is /usr/local/mysql/lib.
>>
>>Then your link command should be:
>>
>>#cc -o mysql_connect
>mysqlconnect.c -lc -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient
>>
>>By the way, I see your prompt apparently is "#" -- you're not *really*
>>doing all this as root, are you?

Here's

>>>mysql_connect

> -lmysqlclient
>>>mysql_connect

>>--
>>Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
>>Northern League Chronicles: http://www.snake.net/nl/

mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Michael Widenius9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla11 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev11 Jun