MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:April Escamilla Date:June 9 1999 2:37pm
Subject:mysql_real_connect problem??
View as plain text
Jim,

   thanks for taking the time to respond.  I did a find on the whole system,
root down, and found no file matching that name.  This was after I had
looked in /usr/local/lib and /lusr/local/mysql.

   We are running mysql on a SCO unix server, release 5.  Our version of
mysql is 3.21.33b.  I can tell you that I wrote this c file in my home
directory on the
machine and am compiling it there.  This file is a very simple test to try
and connect to the mysql database using the mysql_real_connect function &
mysql_init --- it has no other purpose.  It prints an error if no connection
is made, and a success statement if a connection occurs.  The error message
is exactly as stated previously, though I will add the only other error
associated with it in case that
helps.

>>"mysql_connect.c", line 11: warning: improper pointer/integer combination:
arg #5
>>i386ld libc.a:  can't find library libmysql.a

   I am reading the documentation on the C API from the Mysql reference
manual for version 3.23.0.  This particular error is in association with the
mysql_real_connect function, which has been giving me compile time problems
from the beginning.
   Before I began seeing this error message, there were 8 arguments (there
are 8 of them in the documentation stated above).  The compile time error
message said the following when I had those 8 arguments.

"mysql_connect.c", line 15: warning: improper pointer/integer combination:
arg #5
"mysql_connect.c", line 15: error: prototype mismatch: 8 args passed, 7
expected

  So I removed one, and tested it, and received the above error.  I think
this
problem is related to either the functions or the files themselves...Maybe a
problem with our release that is known..? I am pretty new to interfacing
mysql with C, so any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
April E.

Thread
mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Michael Widenius9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla11 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev11 Jun