List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shem Date:May 5 2000 5:36pm
Subject:Installing MySQL 3.22.23 on Sol2.7
View as plain text
We're trying to install the .gz.tar file of
mysql-3.22.23-sparc-solaris2.7.gz.tar on our unix server, but during the
decompression, the decompress always terminates with a "tar checksum"
error.  I noticed that on the initial install page from mysql.com, the page
makes mention of this error and suggests that a file called "gtar-sparc" be
downloaded.

My problem is that I do not know what the "gtar-sparc" is.  There is no
extension on the file when I downloaded it.  I tried "gunzip, uncompress,
tar [GNU v1.13], but the file type is never recognized.  Could someone
explain to me exactly what the "gtar-sparc" file is supposed to be and how
do I use it to correclty decompress the mysql<os_type>.gz.tar dist files.

Thanks
Shawn S.
University of Chicago

Thread
Installing MySQL 3.22.23 on Sol2.7Shem5 May
  • Re: Installing MySQL 3.22.23 on Sol2.7Jonathan Stimmel5 May