MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chad Cunningham Date:May 8 1999 2:43pm
Subject:Re: [PHP3] Generating Static Files
View as plain text
The simplest thing to do is to compile a php bianary on your system, use the same
script as is dynamically generating the page now, but croning it to run every x
minutes and redirecting the output to a static file. Something like

#!/usr/local/bin/php -q
<?
dymanic script;
?>

then use cron to run it as

/path/to/sciprt.php3 > /path/to/static.html

Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it's simple and it works.