List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Orlando Andico Date:May 7 1999 8:30am
Subject:[somewhat offtopic]
View as plain text
Hello all,

I'm trying out Solaris X86 (2.6) right now on my trusty Linux home
machine. I know everyone says don't use IDE drives but since it worked
fine in the Linux setup I thought what the heck. Machine is PII-450, 96MB
RAM. It is very slow in Solaris X86, particularly in file access. About
1/2 the speed of a Pentium-150 running Linux on an even lower-quality EIDE
drive. Is there something I'm missing? I was looking at Solaris X86 for
the large-file support so I could get big tables in MySQL.

Orlando Andico <orly@stripped>                 +63   (2) 937-2293
Mosaic Communications, Inc.                      +63 (912) 800-8262
    Promote bacteria.. it's the only culture some people have.

Thread
[somewhat offtopic]Orlando Andico7 May
  • Re: [somewhat offtopic]Tin Le7 May
  • Re: [somewhat offtopic]unknown7 May
    • Re: [somewhat offtopic]Orlando Andico7 May
      • Re: [somewhat offtopic]Sasha Pachev7 May
Re: [somewhat offtopic]Christopher R. Jones7 May