MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wee Chua Date:February 15 2000 5:10pm
Subject:Problem of the Source Installation!
View as plain text
Hey all,
I am trying to install the source of MySQL 3.22 (Mysql-3.22.32.tar.gz)
on RedHat 6.0 Server. When I tried to run ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/mysql this command, it gave me the following error:

Checking for c++ ... no
Checking for g++... no
Checking for gcc ... gcc
Checking whether the c++ compiler (gcc   ) works ... no
Configure: error : installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.

Could anyone help me on this problem? I'll really appreciate that, thank
you!

Calvin

Thread
Problem of the Source Installation!Wee Chua15 Feb
Re: Problem of the Source Installation!Ed Carp16 Feb