MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:kev Date:February 15 2000 4:09pm
Subject:Re: hoe to shut down properly
View as plain text
sinisa@stripped wrote:

> kev writes:
>  > I'm unsure of whether my scripts and binaries are in the right place, or
> whether I
>  > have some left over from a previous installation attempt that should be
> removed.
>  > My successful installation was from source with the config option
>  > --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
>  > For example, if f I do "which mysql_install_db" I get:
>  >
>  > /usr/local/bin/mysqladmin
>  > /usr/local/mysql-3.22.30/client/.libs/mysqladmin
>  > /usr/local/mysql-3.22.30/client/mysqladmin
>  > /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin
>  >
>  >
>  > Should I get rid of all executables in /usr/local/bin?
>  >
>  > - Kev
>
> Well... It seems that you have overinstalled a lot .... ;o)

It took a few attempts...
Does MySQL have any uninstall option that I missed?

> Because, which or where or similar on my Linux always return 100 %
> correct result.

Please tell me what is the correct result, then I can fix it.

> May be you should backup everything and re-install. First check
> hardware !

I'm sure my hardware's fine, I don't have problems with it, it was more than likely
Netscape that crashed my machine.

- Kev

Thread
hoe to shut down properlykev15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlysinisa15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlykev15 Feb
    • Re: hoe to shut down properlysinisa15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlyDonncha O Caoimh15 Feb
    • Re: hoe to shut down properlyVivek Khera15 Feb