MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:kev Date:February 15 2000 3:58pm
Subject:Re: hoe to shut down properly
View as plain text
I'm unsure of whether my scripts and binaries are in the right place, or whether I
have some left over from a previous installation attempt that should be removed.
My successful installation was from source with the config option
--prefix=/usr/local/mysql
For example, if f I do "which mysql_install_db" I get:

/usr/local/bin/mysqladmin
/usr/local/mysql-3.22.30/client/.libs/mysqladmin
/usr/local/mysql-3.22.30/client/mysqladmin
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin

Should I get rid of all executables in /usr/local/bin?

- Kev

sinisa@stripped wrote:

> kev writes:
>  > I didn't need to kill it, because my whole system (Red Hat 6.1) fell over
>  > spectactularly soon after I posted the message. I had no option but to
>  > reboot - luckily my filesystem was OK afterwards.
>  >
>  > I don't know what caused the crash, I had lots of Netscape windows open
>  > (which has locked up X before, but never crashed the system quite so
>  > dramatically), I also had Oracle8i (definitely a candidate for instability),
>  > and Apache which I had just compiled with MySQL _and_ Oracle support (I've
>  > never done that before, so that may have been a problem too).
>  >
>  > Out of interest, where should my safe_mysqld prog actually be? I used
>  > --prefix=/usr/local/mysql when configuring, but I seem to have a safe_mysqld
>  > prog in /usr/local/bin. I moved that one, presumably I should be using the
>  > one in /usr/local/mysql/bin ?
>  >
>  > thanks,
>  >
>  > - Kev
>
> Hi!
>
> Crashing Linux is indeed not so easy !!
>
> I hope you are not using root account for logging in.
>
> You should check a hardware, plus you should check whether memory was
> consumed and you should go for a stable kernel.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sinisa

> | TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  mysql@stripped            |
> |     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic          |
> |    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sinisa@stripped     |
> |             /*/             \*\                Developers Team       |

hoe to shut down properlykev15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlysinisa15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlykev15 Feb
    • Re: hoe to shut down properlysinisa15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlyDonncha O Caoimh15 Feb
    • Re: hoe to shut down properlyVivek Khera15 Feb