MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<sinisa Date:February 15 2000 3:39pm
Subject:Re: hoe to shut down properly
View as plain text
kev writes:
 > I didn't need to kill it, because my whole system (Red Hat 6.1) fell over
 > spectactularly soon after I posted the message. I had no option but to
 > reboot - luckily my filesystem was OK afterwards.
 >
 > I don't know what caused the crash, I had lots of Netscape windows open
 > (which has locked up X before, but never crashed the system quite so
 > dramatically), I also had Oracle8i (definitely a candidate for instability),
 > and Apache which I had just compiled with MySQL _and_ Oracle support (I've
 > never done that before, so that may have been a problem too).
 >
 > Out of interest, where should my safe_mysqld prog actually be? I used
 > --prefix=/usr/local/mysql when configuring, but I seem to have a safe_mysqld
 > prog in /usr/local/bin. I moved that one, presumably I should be using the
 > one in /usr/local/mysql/bin ?
 >
 > thanks,
 >
 > - Kev

Hi!

Crashing Linux is indeed not so easy !!

I hope you are not using root account for logging in.

You should check a hardware, plus you should check whether memory was
consumed and you should go for a stable kernel.

Regards,

Sinisa

| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  mysql@stripped            |
|     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic          |
|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sinisa@stripped     |
|             /*/             \*\                Developers Team       |
hoe to shut down properlykev15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlysinisa15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlykev15 Feb
    • Re: hoe to shut down properlysinisa15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlyDonncha O Caoimh15 Feb
    • Re: hoe to shut down properlyVivek Khera15 Feb