MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<sinisa Date:February 15 2000 3:34pm
Subject:Re: Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??
View as plain text
abush@stripped writes:
 > This is Mysql-3.22.30 running on RH6.1 Linux with 256MB RAM, one PII333
 > CPU and a RAID1 / file-system (see snip of bug report below for full gcc
 > specs).
 >
 > I have noticed problems with trying to shut the server down with a
 > mysqladmin -u root -p shutdown

<cut>

 > Yesterday this machine also froze completely up?  I could type at the
 > console an it would echo on the screen but it would not respond (could
 > login, telnet, ftp, even ctrl+alt+delete wouldn't work, neither would a
 > ping to it respond).  I had to hit the reset switch on the box finally.
 > There was nothing logged in the mysql err log when this happened so i
 > don't believe that mysql could have locked the server up.  I did find
 > this in the messages log of the server this morning today.  The times
 > coincide with the last entry on the backup log snip from above:
 >
 > Feb 15 05:25:04 mysql kernel: Unable to load interpreter
 >
 > I am starting to think that I may have a bad machine, main board or
 > memory SIMMS?  Has anyone out there ever seen behavior like this from a
 > Linux server or Mysql?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Aaron Bush

Hi!

Most of Linux users do not have such problems. You should re-check
hardware,

But, you could also try binaries from MySQL pages.

Also, report on your glibc version, mysqladmin status and var, and on
the average and maximum number of connections you have.

You should check out whether you have possibly run out of system
resources.

If you have not tweaked Linux kernel, them max. number of connections
is 256, while the maximum and number of used fd's can be read from the
/proc file system.

Regards,

Sinisa

| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  mysql@stripped            |
|     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic          |
|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sinisa@stripped     |
|   /*/ /*/ /*/\*\/*/  \*\|*|   |*||*|     Larnaka, Cyprus             |
|  /*/     /*/  /*/\*\_/*/ \*\_/*/ |*|____                             |
|  ^^^^^^^^^^^^/*/^^^^^^^^^^^\*\^^^^^^^^^^^                            |
|             /*/             \*\                Developers Team       |
Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??abush15 Feb
  • Re: Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??sinisa15 Feb
  • Re: Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??abush15 Feb
    • Re: Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??sinisa15 Feb
  • Re: Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??abush15 Feb
  • Re: Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??sasha16 Feb
  • Re: Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??abush16 Feb
Re: Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??abush15 Feb
Re: Bad Mysql, Bad Hardware or Bad OS??Mark Steele16 Feb