List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<sinisa Date:January 6 2000 3:10pm
Subject:RE: Request for opinions regarding perfomance (LONG)
View as plain text
Cheng-Wei Cheng writes:
 > while we are on the note of peformance
 > anyone have complete doc on pointers to look at
 > various bottle neck?
 >
 > whether it is update to a take, kernal configuration, disk io, insufficient
 > vm,
 > network traffic?
 >
 > thanks
 > cheng

Hello Cheng,

There is a cookbook on performance issues in a manual that comes with
MySQL , plus some notes in book written by Paul Dubois.

Anyway, every system has it's peculiarities, which makes writing a
complete cookbook almost impossible. In practice, on a very heavy
loaded setup's , when one bottleneck is solved, and performance moves
upwards, usually a new one is reached.

A whole, complete cookbook in an algorithmic fashion does not exist,
as MySQL is a software in motion, and new features which influence
performance, are popping up almost every month.

Setup that you have is a nice example of how a system should be
optimised. But, on the other hand, as Monty pointed out, when you will
move to 3.23.xx, new possibilities will open up for you.

Regards,

Sinisa

| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  mysql@stripped            |
|     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic          |
|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sinisa@stripped     |
|   /*/ /*/ /*/\*\/*/  \*\|*|   |*||*|     Larnaka, Cyprus             |
|  /*/     /*/  /*/\*\_/*/ \*\_/*/ |*|____                             |
|  ^^^^^^^^^^^^/*/^^^^^^^^^^^\*\^^^^^^^^^^^                            |
|             /*/             \*\                Developers Team       |
Request for opinions regarding perfomance (LONG)Leonard Rosenbeck6 Jan
  • RE: Request for opinions regarding perfomance (LONG)Cheng-Wei Cheng6 Jan
    • RE: Request for opinions regarding perfomance (LONG)sinisa6 Jan
  • Sequential UpdatesCheng-Wei Cheng6 Jan
    • Re: Sequential UpdatesSasha Pachev6 Jan
  • Re: Request for opinions regarding perfomance (LONG)Sasha Pachev6 Jan
    • Re: Request for opinions regarding perfomance (SHORT)Mark Zieg6 Jan
  • Re: Request for opinions regarding perfomance (LONG)Benjamin Pflugmann7 Jan
    • How do I..Cheng-Wei Cheng7 Jan
      • Re: How do I..sinisa7 Jan
      • Re: How do I..Paul DuBois7 Jan
Re: Sequential UpdatesSasha Pachev6 Jan