MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hery Ramilison Date:April 19 2018 1:08pm
Subject:MySQL Community Server 5.7.22 has been released
View as plain text
Dear MySQL users,

MySQL Server 5.7.22, a new version of the popular Open Source
Database Management System, has been released. MySQL 5.7.22 is
recommended for use on production systems.

For an overview of what's new in MySQL 5.7, please see

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-nutshell.html

For information on installing MySQL 5.7.22 on new servers, please see
the MySQL installation documentation at

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/installing.html

MySQL Server 5.7.22 is available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

MySQL Server 5.7.22 is also available from our repository for Linux
platforms, go here for details:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/repo/

Windows packages are available via the Installer for Windows or .ZIP
(no-install) packages for more advanced needs. The point and click
configuration wizards and all MySQL products are available in the
unified Installer for Windows:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/

5.7.22 also comes with a web installer as an alternative to the full
installer.

The web installer doesn't come bundled with any actual products
and instead relies on download-on-demand to fetch only the
products you choose to install. This makes the initial download
much smaller but increases install time as the individual products
will need to be downloaded.

We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes,
patches, etc.:

http://bugs.mysql.com/report.php

The following link lists the changes in the MySQL 5.7 since the
the release of MySQL 5.7.21.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.7/en/news-5-7-22.html

Enjoy!

Changes in MySQL 5.7.22 (2018-04-19, General Availability)

Compilation Notes

      * Sun RPC is being removed from glibc. CMake now detects
        and uses libtirpc if glibc does not contain Sun RPC. (You
        might find it necessary to install libtirpc and rpcgen to
        take advantage of this CMake feature.) (Bug #27368272,
        Bug #89168)

Deprecation and Removal Notes

      * These compatibility SQL modes are now deprecated and will
        be removed in MySQL 8.0: DB2, MAXDB, MSSQL, MYSQL323,
        MYSQL40, ORACLE, POSTGRESQL, NO_FIELD_OPTIONS,
        NO_KEY_OPTIONS, NO_TABLE_OPTIONS. These deprecations have
        two implications:

           + Assigning a deprecated mode to the sql_mode system
             variable produces a warning.

           + With the MAXDB SQL mode enabled, using CREATE TABLE
             or ALTER TABLE to add a TIMESTAMP column to a table
             produces a warning.
        Statements that use these deprecated SQL modes may fail
        when replicated from a MySQL 5.7 master to a MySQL 8.0
        slave, or may have different effects on master and slave.
        To avoid such problems, applications that use the modes
        deprecated in MySQL 5.7 should be revised not to use
        them.

Test Suite Notes

      * Reduction of compiler and platform differences in GIS
        handling of floating-point results enables simplification
        of related test cases that no longer need rounding to
        avoid spurious test failures. Thanks to Daniel Black for
        the patch. (Bug #26540102, Bug #87223, Bug #27462294)

X Plugin Notes

      * X Plugin connection attempts using the X Protocol did not
        return an error when the default database specified in
        the connection options was invalid, and the connection
        was allowed with a null default database. Connection
        attempts using the classic MySQL protocol did return an
        error and disallowed the connection. X Protocol
        connection attempts now also disallow the connection if
        an invalid schema is specified. (Bug #26965020)

Functionality Added or Changed

      * Replication: Changes introduced in version 8 which enable
        XCom to identify members using the concept of an
        incarnation have been merged in to version 5.7. These
        underlying changes add a UUID to members each time they
        join a group and this information can be used to
        distinguish among different member incarnations.

      * Replication: It is now possible to specify whether
        information written into the binary log enables
        replication slaves to parallelize based on commit
        timestamps, or on transaction write sets.
        Using write sets has a the potential for greater
        parallelism than using commit timestamps since it does
        not depend on the commit history. When applying binary
        logs in this fashion on a replication slave, it may be
        able to leverage capabilities of the underlying computing
        hardware (such as CPU cores) and thus speed up this
        process.
        The interface for choosing the source of parallelization
        is implemented as a new server system variable
        binlog_transaction_dependency_tracking which can take any
        one of the values COMMIT_ORDER, WRITESET, or
        WRITESET_SESSION. COMMIT_ORDER (the default) causes
        parallelization information to be logged using commit
        timestamps; WRITESET causes this information to be logged
        using write sets in such a way that any transactions not
        updating the same row can be parallelized; and
        WRITESET_SESSION acts in the same fashion as WRITESET,
        except that updates originating with the same session
        cannot be reordered. The size of the row hash history
        that is kept in memory for tracking transaction
        dependencies can be set using
        binlog_transaction_dependency_history_size, also
        introduced in this release.

      * JSON: The JSON_MERGE() function is renamed to
        JSON_MERGE_PRESERVE().
        This release also adds the JSON_MERGE_PATCH() function,
        an RFC 7396 compliant version of JSON_MERGE_PRESERVE();
        its behavior is the same as that of
        JSON_MERGE_PRESERVE(), with the following two exceptions:

           + JSON_MERGE_PATCH() removes any member in the first
             object with a matching key in the second object,
             provided that the value associated with the key in
             the second object is not JSON null.

           + If the second object has a member with a key
             matching a member in the first object,
             JSON_MERGE_PATCH() replaces the value in the first
             object with the value in the second object, whereas
             JSON_MERGE_PRESERVE() appends the second value to
             the first value.
        This example compares the results of merging the same 3
        JSON objects, each having a matching key "a", with each
        of these functions:
        mysql> SET @x = '{ "a": 1, "b": 2 }',
             >     @y = '{ "a": 3, "c": 4 }',
             >     @z = '{ "a": 5, "d": 6 }';

        mysql> SELECT  JSON_MERGE_PATCH(@x, @y, @z)    AS Patch,
            ->         JSON_MERGE_PRESERVE(@x, @y, @z) AS Preserve\G
           Patch: {"a": 5, "b": 2, "c": 4, "d": 6}
        Preserve: {"a": [1, 3, 5], "b": 2, "c": 4, "d": 6}

        JSON_MERGE() is still supported as an alias of
        JSON_MERGE_PRESERVE(), but is now deprecated and subject
        to removal in a future MySQL release.
        See Functions That Modify JSON Values
        (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/json-modification-functions.html),
        for more information. (Bug #81283, Bug #23255346)

      * JSON: Added the JSON utility function JSON_PRETTY(),
        which prints an existing JSON value, or any string that
        can successfully be parsed as a JSON document, in a
        format that can be easily read by humans. Each JSON
        object member or array value is displayed on a separate
        line of the output; each child object or array is
        intended 2 spaces with respect to its parent.
        Examples:
        mysql> SELECT JSON_PRETTY('123');
        +--------------------+
        | JSON_PRETTY('123') |
        +--------------------+
        | 123                |
        +--------------------+

        mysql> SELECT JSON_PRETTY("[1,3,5]");
        +------------------------+
        | JSON_PRETTY("[1,3,5]") |
        +------------------------+
        | [
          1,
          3,
          5
        ] |
        +------------------------+

        mysql> SELECT JSON_PRETTY('{"a":"10","b":"15","x":"25"}');
        | JSON_PRETTY('{"a":"10","b":"15","x":"25"}') |
        | {
          "a": "10",
          "b": "15",
          "x": "25"
        } |

      * JSON: Added the JSON utility function JSON_STORAGE_SIZE()
        in the MySQL Server. This function returns the number of
        bytes used to store the binary representation of a JSON
        document, whether the document is presented as a column
        value in a table, as the value of a user variable, or as
        a JSON literal.
        This function, like many other MySQL functions that act
        on JSON values, also accepts a string that can be
        successfully parsed as a JSON document. For more
        information and examples, see JSON Utility Functions
        (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/json-utility-functions.html).

      * SHOW CREATE TABLE normally does not show the ROW_FORMAT
        table option if the row format is the default format.
        This can cause problems during table import and export
        operations for transportable tablespaces. MySQL now
        supports a show_create_table_verbosity system variable
        that, when enabled, causes SHOW CREATE TABLE to display
        ROW_FORMAT regardless of whether it is the default
        format. (Bug #27516741)

      * If the server PID file is configured to be created in a
        world-writable location, the server now issues a warning
        suggesting use of a more secure location. (Bug #26585560)

      * Added two JSON aggregation functions JSON_ARRAYAGG() and
        JSON_OBJECTAGG(). The JSON_ARRAYAGG() function takes a
        column or column expression as an argument, and
        aggregates the result set as a single JSON array, as
        shown here:
        mysql> SELECT col FROM t1;
        | col                                  |
        | {"key1": "value1", "key2": "value2"} |
        | {"keyA": "valueA", "keyB": "valueB"} |
        2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

        mysql> SELECT JSON_ARRAYAGG(col) FROM t1;
        | JSON_ARRAYAGG(col) |
        | [{"key1": "value1", "key2": "value2"}, {"keyA": "valueA", "keyB": "valueB"}] |
        1 row in set (0.00 sec)

        The order of the array elements is unspecified.
        JSON_OBJECTAGG() takes two columns or expressions which
        it interprets as a key and a value, respectively; it
        returns the result as a single JSON object, as shown
        here:
        mysql> SELECT id, col FROM t1;
        +------+--------------------------------------+
        | id   | col                                  |
        +------+--------------------------------------+
        |    1 | {"key1": "value1", "key2": "value2"} |
        |    2 | {"keyA": "valueA", "keyB": "valueB"} |
        +------+--------------------------------------+
        2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

        mysql> SELECT JSON_OBJECTAGG(id, col) FROM t1;

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
        | JSON_OBJECTAGG(id, col) |

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
        | {"1": {"key1": "value1", "key2": "value2"}, "2": {"keyA": "valueA", "keyB":
"valueB"}} |

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
        1 row in set (0.00 sec)

        A NULL key causes an error; duplicate keys are ignored.
        For more information, see Aggregate (GROUP BY) Functions
        (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/group-by-functions-and-modifiers.html).
        (Bug #78117, Bug #21647417)

Bugs Fixed

      * InnoDB: An incorrect compression length value in a page
        compression function caused hole punching to be skipped
        the first time pages are compressed. (Bug #27399897)

      * InnoDB: Attempting to create a temporary table in a
        file-per-table tablespace using CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE
        ... TABLESPACE syntax failed to report an error.
        Temporary tablespaces are only permitted in the temporary
        tablespace. (Bug #27361662)

      * InnoDB: A deadlock between background threads, one
        attempting to evict a full-text search table from the
        cache, and the other attempting to synchronize a table,
        caused InnoDB Cluster nodes to fail. (Bug #27304661)

      * InnoDB: Failure to skip predicate locks when releasing
        gaps locks raised debug assertions, as did failure to
        remove the supremum record bit prior releasing gaps locks
        on the supremum. (Bug #27272806, Bug #27294066)

      * InnoDB: A REPLACE operation on a temporary table raised
        an assertion. (Bug #27225649)

      * InnoDB: An ALTER TABLE operation that added a foreign key
        constraint referencing a table with generated virtual
        columns raised an assertion. (Bug #27189701)

      * InnoDB: Concurrent XA transactions that ran successfully
        to the XA prepare stage on the master conflicted when
        replayed on the slave, resulting in a lock wait timeout
        in the applier thread. The conflict was due to the GAP
        lock range which differed when the transactions were
        replayed serially on the slave. To prevent this type of
        conflict, GAP locks taken by XA transactions in READ
        COMMITTED isolation level are now released (and no longer
        inherited) when XA transactions reach the prepare stage.
        (Bug #27189701, Bug #25866046)

      * InnoDB: An online ALTER TABLE operation on a table
        accompanied by concurrent DML on the same table raised an
        assertion. An end-of-log check was not performed prior to
        accessing the DML log to determine the length of a
        virtual column. (Bug #27158030)

      * InnoDB: When the addition of a virtual index failed, the
        virtual index that was freed was not removed from the
        lists of virtual column indexes. (Bug #27141613)

      * InnoDB: Adding a virtual column and index in the same
        statement caused an error. (Bug #27122803)

      * InnoDB: A tablespace import operation on a server with a
        default row format of REDUNDANT raised an assertion
        failure. (Bug #26960215)

      * InnoDB: A stored field based on a generated column
        permitted the base column to have a NULL value. (Bug
        #26958695)

      * InnoDB: Evaluation of a subquery in a resolving function
        raised an assertion. (Bug #26909960)

      * InnoDB: An incorrectly specified innodb_data_file_path or
        innodb_temp_data_file_path value returned a syntax error
        that did not specify the name of the system variable that
        caused the initialization failure. (Bug #26805833)

      * InnoDB: An online DDL operation that rebuilds the table
        raised an assertion when the last insert log record to be
        applied was split across two pages. (Bug #26696448, Bug
        #87532)

      * InnoDB: A RENAME TABLE operation that renamed the schema
        failed to rename full-text search common auxiliary tables
        that were left behind when the full-text search index was
        removed previously, resulting in a assertion failure when
        attempting to drop the old schema. (Bug #26334149)

      * InnoDB: An assertion was raised when a thread attempted
        to read a record containing BLOB data while another
        thread was writing the same data to external pages. (Bug
        #26300119)

      * InnoDB: InnoDB failed to account for a virtual column
        when using the column offset to search an index for an
        auto-increment column. (Bug #25076416)

      * InnoDB: An invalid debug condition caused a buffer pool
        chunk allocation failure, which resulted in an assertion
        failure when a purge thread attempted to access an
        unallocated chunk. (Bug #23593654)

      * Replication: Group Replication conflict detection uses
        schema and table names as part of the Primary Key
        Equivalent (PKE) in order to detect and disallow
        conflicting transactions. The value of the
        lower_case_table_names system variable changes how schema
        and table names are stored and externalized, which
        depending on the configured value could persist a table
        named T1 as t1. Such a difference in a group could cause
        inconsistencies. Now, members must all have the same
        value for lower_case_table_names. (Bug #27401817)

      * Replication: Changing the Group Replication required
        settings incorrectly on online secondary members could
        result in an unexpected halt. (Bug #27317478, Bug
        #27157202)

      * Replication: When a member is joining a group there is a
        chance of the request to join being rejected. If the
        rejection resulted in a retry, for example because the
        seed member being contacted was not in the group, then
        there was a possibility of the retry cycle continuing
        infinitely. (Bug #27294009)

      * Replication: When write sets are used for parallelization
        by a replication slave, the case and accent sensitivity
        of the database are now taken into account when
        generating the write set information. Write set
        information is generated when the
        transaction_write_set_extraction system variable is
        enabled. Previously, duplicate keys could be incorrectly
        identified as different, causing transactions to have
        incorrect dependencies and so potentially be executed in
        the wrong order. (Bug #26985561, Bug #88120)

      * Replication: When using group_replication_ip_whitelist,
        it was possible to configure a group so that it
        functioned even though all members could not establish
        the internal group communication connection to each
        other, resulting in inconsistent behavior. Now, incoming
        connections are accepted if the IP is in the white list
        or if the IP belongs to a current member of the XCom
        configuration. This ensures members are always able to
        create the internal network required for group
        communication. (Bug #26846549, Bug #27406775)

      * Replication: The statements CREATE USER IF EXISTS (or IF
        NOT EXISTS) and ALTER USER IF EXISTS (or IF NOT EXISTS)
        were written to the binary log even when the query
        resulted in an error. MySQL Server now checks for errors
        that cause these queries to fail (for example, an invalid
        plugin was specified), and does not log the statement in
        that situation. Note that if these statements succeed but
        have no effect on the master because the condition is not
        met, the statements are written to the binary log, as the
        condition might be met on a replication slave (see Bug
        #25813089, Bug #85733). (Bug #26680035)

      * Replication: For updates to virtual generated columns
        containing the BLOB data type, both the old and the new
        BLOB values are required by some storage engines for
        replication. This fix extends the same behavior to JSON
        and GEOMETRY data types, which are based on the BLOB data
        type and so produce the same issue when the old value is
        not stored. (Bug #25873029)

      * Replication: On a multi-threaded replication slave (with
        slave_parallel_workers greater than 0), the slave's lag
        behind the master was not being reported by the
        Seconds_Behind_Master field for SHOW SLAVE STATUS. The
        value is now reported correctly. Thanks to Robert
        Golebiowski for the patch. (Bug #25407335, Bug #84415)

      * Replication: When invoked with the options
        --read-from-remote-server and --hexdump, mysqlbinlog was
        not able to produce a hex dump of the binary log contents
        following an SQL statement that generated an
        autoincrement value, referenced a user-defined variable,
        or invoked RAND(). The event types for these events are
        followed by an informational row query log event, and
        mysqlbinlog caches the original event for printing when
        the subsequent row query log event is received. The
        pointer to the memory containing the original event was
        invalidated when the subsequent event was received, so
        the original data could not be accessed to produce the
        hex dump. The issue has now been fixed. (Bug #24674276)

      * Replication: A number of changes were made to the binary
        log decoding procedure to improve handling of invalid or
        corrupted binary log entries. (Bug #24365972)

      * Replication: Following the introduction of binary logging
        for XA transactions WL#6860
        (http://dev.mysql.com/worklog/task/?id=6860), an
        assertion could be raised in debug builds during
        replication from a master with the feature to a slave
        without the feature, if MASTER_AUTO_POSITION=1 was set on
        the slave. The assertion has been removed, so that debug
        builds now have the same behavior as non-debug builds,
        and can attempt replication of unsupported event types
        whether or not MASTER_AUTO_POSITION=1 is set. (Bug
        #20677683)

      * JSON: Queries that executed a JSON function that raised
        an error could cause a server exit. (Bug #22253965)

      * Upgrades from MariaDB to MySQL Community Edition failed
        on Fedora 27. (Bug #27484835)

      * Selecting from the Performance Schema status_by_thread or
        variables_by_thread table was not thread safe and could
        yield incorrect results. (Bug #27471510)

      * INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE could be handled
        improperly if a source table produced no rows. (Bug
        #27460607)

      * The LDAP group search filter specified by the
        authentication_ldap_sasl_group_search_filter or
        authentication_ldap_simple_group_search_filter system
        variable is now more flexible about whether to insert a
        user name or full user DN. The filter value now uses {UA}
        and {UD} notation to represent the user name and the full
        user DN. For example, {UA} is replaced with a user name
        such as "admin", whereas {UD} is replaced with a use full
        DN such as "uid=admin,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com". The
        following value is the default, which supports both
        OpenLDAP and Active Directory:
        (|(&(objectClass=posixGroup)(memberUid={UA}))
          (&(objectClass=group)(member={UD})))

        Previously, if the group search attribute was isMemberOf
        or memberOf, it was treated as a user attribute that has
        group information. However, in some cases for the user
        scenario, memberOf was a simple user attribute that held
        no group information. For additional flexibility, an
        optional {GA} prefix now can be used with the group
        search attribute. (Previously, it was assumed that if the
        group search attribute is isMemberOf, it will be treated
        differently. Now any group attribute with a {GA} prefix
        is treated as a user attribute having group names.) For
        example, with a value of {GA}MemberOf, if the group value
        is the DN, the first attribute value from the group DN is
        returned as the group name. (Bug #27438458, Bug
        #27480946)

      * Metadata from result sets for UNION ALL queries could say
        NEWDATE rather than DATE. (Bug #27422376)

      * Linux RPM and Debian packages now include dependency
        information for the Perl JSON module required to run the
        MySQL test suite. Linux RPM packages now include
        dependency information for the Perl Digest module
        required to run the MySQL test suite. (Bug #27392800, Bug
        #89250, Bug #27392808, Bug #89244)

      * When run in key migration mode, the server ignored
        invalid options. (Bug #27387331)

      * During configuration, CMake assumed that rpcgen was
        available rather than checking for it. (Bug #27368078)

      * The client authentication process could use memory after
        it had been freed. (Bug #27366143)

      * -DWITH_ZLIB=system could cause other CMake feature tests
        to fail. (Bug #27356658, Bug #89135)

      * Builds using RPM source packages now use a secure
        connection if Boost must be downloaded. (Bug #27343289,
        Bug #89104)

      * The audit_log plugin could write statements to the binary
        log even with binary logging disabled. (Bug #27315321)

      * For accounts that authenticated using the auth_sock
        authentication plugin, the server was unable to accept
        connections from clients from older MySQL versions. (Bug
        #27306178)

      * An audit_log plugin memory leak was corrected. (Bug
        #27302151)

      * audit_log plugin user-defined functions did not report an
        error on failures. (Bug #27300689)

      * LDAP authentication plugins were not built on FreeBSD.
        (Bug #27238252)

      * RPM and Debian packages listed openldap-devel as a
        dependency for the LDAP authentication plugins, but only
        for Enterprise distributions. They now list the
        dependency for Community distributions as well. (Bug
        #27232163, Bug #88789)

      * Adding a unique index to an InnoDB table on which
        multiple locks were held could raise an assertion. (Bug
        #27216817)

      * For some statements, the FILE privilege was not properly
        checked. (Bug #27160888)

      * A multiple-insert statement on a table containing a
        FULLTEXT key and a FTS_DOC_ID column caused a server
        error. (Bug #27041445, Bug #88267)

      * The audit_log plugin could mishandle aborts of event
        executions, causing a server exit. (Bug #27008133)

      * Installing and uninstalling a plugin many times from
        multiple sessions could cause the server to become
        unresponsive. (Bug #26946491)

      * An ALTER TABLE operation attempted to set the
        AUTO_INCREMENT value for table in a discarded tablespace.
        (Bug #26935001)

      * MyISAM index corruption could occur for bulk-insert and
        table-repair operations that involve the
        repair-by-sorting algorithm and many (more than 450
        million) rows. (Bug #26929724)

      * Dropping an index from a system table could cause a
        server exit. (Bug #26881798)

      * A prepared statement using CREATE TABLE ... SELECT led to
        unexpected behavior when it referred in a GROUP BY to a
        view having the same name. (Bug #26881703)

      * The server could dereference a null pointer while loading
        privileges. (Bug #26881508)

      * Some diagnostic messages produced by LDAP authentication
        plugins misleadingly suggested an error when no error had
        occurred. (Bug #26844713)

      * A server exit could result from simultaneous attempts by
        multiple threads to register and deregister metadata
        Performance Schema objects, or to acquire and release
        metadata locks. (Bug #26502135)

      * LDAP authentication plugins could fail if their
        associated system variables were set to invalid values.
        (Bug #26474964)

      * The thread pool plugin logged too much information for
        failed connections. (Bug #26368725, Bug #86863)

      * For debug builds, using KILL to terminate a stored
        routine could raise an assertion. Thanks to Laurynas
        Biveinis for the patch. (Bug #26040870, Bug #86260)

      * If the init_connect system variable was set, its contents
        could not be executed by clients with expired passwords,
        who therefore were prevented from connecting. Now, if a
        client has an expired password, init_connect execution is
        skipped, which enables the client to connect and change
        password. (Bug #25968185)

      * Some memory leaks related to the LDAP authentication
        plugins were fixed. (Bug #25964438)

      * Dates using the YYYYMMDD format were not recognized
        correctly in a query meeting all three of the following
        conditions:
        The query performed a left join.
        A DATE column in the inner table of the join was part of
        a multi-column primary key.
        Every column in the inner table's primary key was
        compared with another value; this could be either a
        literal or a column value. (Bug #25949639)

      * Using the C API, when trying to execute an INSERT
        prepared statement with CURSOR_TYPE_READ_ONLY set, the
        client hung. (Bug #25701141, Bug #85105)

      * Large --ssl-cipher values could cause client programs to
        exit. (Bug #25483593)

      * MySQL client programs could exit unexpectedly if
        malformed client/server protocol packets were received.
        (Bug #25471090)

      * Incorrect handling by the CONNECTION_CONTROL plugin of an
        internal hash led to spurious messages in the error log
        and eventual server exit. (Bug #25052009)

      * Conversion of JSON documents to string could be slow if
        the document was large and contained many signed
        integers. (Bug #24586888)

      * For debug builds, a missing error check on the result of
        a subquery that accessed a JSON value could raise an
        assertion. (Bug #22522073)

      * DO turned error signals into warnings. (Bug #17043030,
        Bug #69647)

      * The audit_log plugin did not log placeholder values for
        prepared statements. (Bug #16617026)

      * When an on-disk temporary table was created from an
        in-memory temporary table, the indexes remained
        uninitialized for the new on-disk table. (Bug #88601, Bug
        #27214153)

      * When a stored procedure contained a statement referring
        to a view which in turn referred to another view, the
        procedure could not be invoked successfully more than
        once. (Bug #87858, Bug #26864199)

      * A CREATE TABLE ... SELECT statement with a UNION in the
        SELECT failed in strict mode for a DATE column declared
        as NOT NULL. (Bug #87711, Bug #27068222)

      * Prepared statements using nested sub-selects were not
        always handled correctly. (Bug #87484, Bug #26657904)

      * Manipulation of a value returned by the JSON_MERGE()
        function using JSON_SET() sometimes produced an invalid
        result. (Bug #80787, Bug #22961128)

On Behalf of the MySQL/Oracle Release Engineering Team,
Hery Ramilison
Thread
MySQL Community Server 5.7.22 has been releasedHery Ramilison19 Apr