MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shawn l.green Date:January 22 2018 9:01pm
Subject:Re: Examples of savepoints and transactions
View as plain text
Hello Lars,

On 1/21/2018 3:37 PM, Lars Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a system that uses begin and commit transactions. It works like a dream! ;)
> Now I want to test it by creating test data. This how ever cannot be rolled back. I
> think the solution for rolling back test data is to use savepoints and rollback. I think
> it is hard to find examples of this scenario. Are there some good guides or tutorials out
> there somewhere? Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> Best regards
> Lars Nielsen

Can you mock up an example (a simple text walkthrough) of how you think
a savepoint should work with what you are calling "test data" ?  I think
that the term "test data" is too general to make much sense to most of
us in the context you described.

Yours,
--
Shawn Green
Oracle USA, Inc. - Integrated Cloud Applications & Platform Services

Become certified in MySQL! Visit https://www.mysql.com/certification/
for details.
Thread
Examples of savepoints and transactionsLars Nielsen21 Jan
  • Re: Examples of savepoints and transactionsshawn l.green22 Jan
    • Re: Examples of savepoints and transactionsLars Nielsen23 Jan
      • Re: Examples of savepoints and transactionsJohan De Meersman24 Jan
        • Re: Examples of savepoints and transactionsLars Nielsen24 Jan
        • Re: Examples of savepoints and transactionsshawn l.green24 Jan