MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brad Barnett Date:January 20 2017 2:51pm
Subject:io thread very slow copying binlogs
View as plain text

Hey all,

I have a weird issue.

MySQL community edition 5.6.29, running Linux.

Binlogs never seem to get caught up on slaves.

I've done all I can, to validate that this isn't network or disk related.

Disk tests (using iostat and other methods) show lots of bandwidth left
on the slave and master.

Network tests, such as:

- using scp to copy binlogs directly
- using different NICs to copy binlogs
- using mysqlbinlog to snag logs (the most 'real' way I can think to
  simulate the replication thread copying binlogs from the master)

All seem to show that network speed is blazingly fast.

Yet, MySQL is barely getting 4mbit/sec across the network, and
onto the disk.  And that's on a good day.

Any immediate suggestions here?  This seems very weird, and SQL thread is
constantly running out of stuff to process.
Thread
io thread very slow copying binlogsBrad Barnett20 Jan
  • RE: io thread very slow copying binlogsMorgan Tocker20 Jan
    • Re: io thread very slow copying binlogsBrad Barnett20 Jan
      • RE: io thread very slow copying binlogsMichael Dykman20 Jan
Re: io thread very slow copying binlogsBrad Barnett20 Jan