MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jangita Date:September 20 2010 11:13am
Subject:RE: Transfer database to MySQL.Huge effort?
View as plain text
Hello,

Basically you need to do it manually, no auto import tool will get things
100%

1. create tables, substituting datatypes from source database to compatible
mysql (especially the integer types)
2. create keys that will give same result
3. pump the data, you might have to write scripts to do on the fly
conversion instead of direct export import
4. test the data?

How are you planning to implement the stored procedure if you are not going
to move them?

otherwise

if you are willing to pay, I bet there are companies that do this :)

Jangita | +254 76 918383 | MSN & Y!: jangita@stripped
Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyagudi@stripped