MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Proal Date:February 21 2010 3:35am
Subject:Re: Dumping table contents to stdout in tab-separated value format
View as plain text
I dont know if this can help, but if you are on unix/linux you can call
cat after the dump and easily you can get the output to the stdout
ie:
$ mysqldump....tempfile.txt... && cat tempfile.txt

Carlos

On 2/20/2010 9:03 PM, Yang Zhang wrote:
> Hi, I'm interested in piping out the contents of a mysql table to
> stdout in tab-separated value format, but:
>
> - using 'select * into outfile' can't write to stdout.
> - mysqldump --fields-... requires --tab, which requires an output file path.
> - I also tried mkfifo /tmp/pipe and "select * into outfile
> '/tmp/pipe'", but mysql complains about the file existing already.
>
> Is there any other quick way to do this without having to write a
> client app? Thanks in advance.

Thread
Dumping table contents to stdout in tab-separated value formatYang Zhang21 Feb
  • Re: Dumping table contents to stdout in tab-separated value formatCarlos Proal21 Feb
  • Re: Dumping table contents to stdout in tab-separated value formatJesper Wisborg Krogh21 Feb
  • Re: Dumping table contents to stdout in tab-separated value formatЕвгений Килимчук21 Feb