MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yang Zhang Date:February 21 2010 3:03am
Subject:Dumping table contents to stdout in tab-separated value format
View as plain text
Hi, I'm interested in piping out the contents of a mysql table to
stdout in tab-separated value format, but:

- using 'select * into outfile' can't write to stdout.
- mysqldump --fields-... requires --tab, which requires an output file path.
- I also tried mkfifo /tmp/pipe and "select * into outfile
'/tmp/pipe'", but mysql complains about the file existing already.

Is there any other quick way to do this without having to write a
client app? Thanks in advance.
--
Yang Zhang
http://www.mit.edu/~y_z/