MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:January 26 2010 5:28pm
Subject:Re: impact of altering ft_min_word_len
View as plain text
spikerlion@stripped wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we want to set the global variable ft_min_word_len from the default "four" to the
> value "three".
>
> This is needed because we want to search for words with the max. length of three
> characters in one application.
>
> I've read that after setting ft_min_word_len to the new value, a "REPAIR TABLE
> <tablename> QUICK;" is required.
>
> Now the question:
> The MySQL holds more than one database but I only want to take affect the
> modification to one special database. Is there a problem with indizes in other databases
> or can I ensure that the affect only regards to one database?
>
> Regards
> Spiker

Once you change the Global setting, it affects all fulltext indexes. You
will need to do the same REPAIR TABLE command on all tables currently
using a fulltext index to keep the index and the setting in sync.
Failure to do so can cause problems (crashes and corruptions) if you
continue to use an index created with a different ft_min_word_len than
the server currently has.

--
Shawn Green, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Thread
impact of altering ft_min_word_lenspikerlion26 Jan
  • Re: impact of altering ft_min_word_lenShawn Green26 Jan