List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:January 19 2010 5:01pm
Subject:RE: Regarding storing non-english chars in mysql
View as plain text
Another tidbit about this:

Windows-based browsers apparently translate between CP-1252 and UTF-8
automatically. This generally doesn't cause trouble, but it cost me a lot of
sweat and tears to figure out.

I never looked to see what *nix-based browsers do, I ran out of time and
energy.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

www.the-infoshop.com

Thread
query returning empty rowbharani kumar17 Jan
  • Re: query returning empty rowDan Nelson18 Jan
    • Re: query returning empty rowbharani kumar18 Jan
      • Regarding storing non-english chars in mysqlNingappa  Koneri18 Jan
        • RE: Regarding storing non-english chars in mysqlGavin Towey18 Jan
          • Re: Regarding storing non-english chars in mysqlfsb18 Jan
            • RE: Regarding storing non-english chars in mysqlNingappa  Koneri19 Jan
              • Re: Regarding storing non-english chars in mysqlfsb19 Jan
                • RE: Regarding storing non-english chars in mysqlJerry Schwartz19 Jan