List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wang Zi Feng Date:November 20 2009 5:50am
Subject:mysqldump vs phpmyadmin dump
View as plain text
Hi everyone,

Here is a rookie question.

The problem what I found is that mysqldump and phpmyadmin generate different
size of backup file against same database.

I try to dump same database with the 2 different methods, the original
database is 2.8mb, phpmyadmin export 1.5mb file, and mysqldump export only
941kb file.

I know there must be some difference between the two export method, but
after I import the 941kb file which mysqldump created into a new database,
it just works fine.

So I'm not sure if I can use mysqldump as the best option to do mysql
backup, can someone can help me to figure out why phpmyadmin would generate
twice big file? And I see some post that address it is not recommend to
import mysqldump file by using phpmyadmin, because it will cause problem.

Thanks and best regards

Wang

Thread
mysqldump vs phpmyadmin dumpWang Zi Feng20 Nov
  • Re: mysqldump vs phpmyadmin dumpMark Goodge20 Nov
    • Re: mysqldump vs phpmyadmin dumpWang Zi Feng20 Nov