MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Moon's Father Date:April 20 2009 3:20am
Subject:Re: Is Temporary table right approach
View as plain text
Thanks for your comments.
I just gave him a sample value.

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Andrew Braithwaite <
andrew.braithwaite@stripped> wrote:

> >> If you can not eliminate your temporary tables, you have to adjust
> the
> following parameters in my.cnf [mysqld]
> >>max_heap_table_size=1G
> >>tmp_table_size=1G
>
> You're making a lot of assumptions about this guy's setup.  You
> shouldn't just tell
> him to apply these kinds of settings as you don't what effect they will
> have on his
> system.  If he only has 512MB available for MySQL and he starts writing
> lots of
> 1GB temporary tables what's going to happen to the performance of his
> server?
>
> With advice like that you could grind his server/s to a halt and cause
> his site
> To die a miserable swappy death.
>
> Andrew

David Yeung,
MySQL Senior Support Engineer,
Sun Gold Partner.
My Blog:http://yueliangdao0608.cublog.cn
Comanpy: http://www.actionsky.com

Thread
Is Temporary table right approachManoj Singh15 Apr
  • Re: Is Temporary table right approachMoon's Father17 Apr
    • Re: Is Temporary table right approachManoj Singh17 Apr
      • Re: Is Temporary table right approachMoon's Father17 Apr
        • RE: Is Temporary table right approachAndrew Braithwaite17 Apr
          • Re: Is Temporary table right approachMoon's Father20 Apr