MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pete Wilson Date:April 15 2009 4:43pm
Subject:Error msg: MySQL server has gone away
View as plain text

Hi folks --

New to MySQL. I'm developing C-language connector software and, while debugging, I often
get the error message "MySQL server has gone away" if, say, I've stopped at a breakpoint
and then issued a call that resembles:

mysql_query(pmysql,
 "insert into usrs(usr,email) values(\"pete\", \"pete@stripped\");" );

I can imagine this happening when the connector is running in real life. So:

What is the correct and reasonable way for a running connector to deal with this error
intelligently?

Thanks!

-- Pete Wilson
   http://www.pwilson.net/

Thread
Error msg: MySQL server has gone awayPete Wilson15 Apr
  • Re: Error msg: MySQL server has gone awayMoon's Father17 Apr