MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:February 26 2009 1:53am
Subject:RE: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment question
View as plain text
>Being rather new to all this, I understood from the MySql manual that
>the auto_increment is to b e used immediately after an insertion not
>intermittently. My application is for administrators (the site owner &
>designates) to update the database from and administration directory,
>accessed by user/password login... so there's really very little
>possibility of 2 people accessing at the same time.

[JS] Being rather old to all this, I can tell you that if something is even
remotely possible it will happen just before your performance review. Never
depend upon this.

Regards,
Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032
860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
www.the-infoshop.com
www.giiexpress.com
www.etudes-marche.com

>By using MAX + 1 I keep the id number in the $idIn and can reuse it in
>other INSERTS
>--
>
>Phil Jourdan --- pj@stripped
>http://www.ptahhotep.com
>http://www.chiccantine.com
>
>--
>infoshop.com

Thread
Re: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionPJ26 Feb
  • RE: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionJerry Schwartz26 Feb
  • RE: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionJerry Schwartz26 Feb
    • Re: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionPJ26 Feb
      • RE: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionJerry Schwartz26 Feb
  • RE: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionGary W. Smith27 Feb
RE: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionJerry Schwartz26 Feb
Re: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionPJ26 Feb
RE: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionJerry Schwartz26 Feb
Re: [PHP] RE: non-auto increment questionPJ11 Mar