MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antony T Curtis Date:February 7 2009 5:42pm
Subject:Re: non-relational engine for mySQL?
View as plain text
I believe such things already exist, for example the Nitro storage
engine. There is a presentation about it at the coming MySQL
conference...

http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2009/public/schedule/detail/6984

Regards,
Antony

On 6 Feb 2009, at 14:50, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> When our database reaches the 10-100TB range, we may need to consider
> non-relational databases.  Relational databases like MySQL tend to
> heavily rely on random access, which is governed by the slow disk seek
> rates.  On the other hand, non-relational database pioneered by
> Google's
> Map/Reduce framework operate at much faster disk transfer rates.  Open
> source solutions incorporating these ideas exist, such as Yahoo's
> Hadoop
> and CouchDB.
>
> Are there currently (or plans for) any mySQL engines with this type of
> database?

Thread
non-relational engine for mySQL?Daevid Vincent6 Feb
  • Re: non-relational engine for mySQL?Antony T Curtis7 Feb