MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:February 6 2009 10:50pm
Subject:non-relational engine for mySQL?
View as plain text
When our database reaches the 10-100TB range, we may need to consider
non-relational databases.  Relational databases like MySQL tend to
heavily rely on random access, which is governed by the slow disk seek
rates.  On the other hand, non-relational database pioneered by Google's
Map/Reduce framework operate at much faster disk transfer rates.  Open
source solutions incorporating these ideas exist, such as Yahoo's Hadoop
and CouchDB.

Are there currently (or plans for) any mySQL engines with this type of
database?

Thread
non-relational engine for mySQL?Daevid Vincent6 Feb
  • Re: non-relational engine for mySQL?Antony T Curtis7 Feb