List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jed Reynolds Date:January 6 2009 6:35am
Subject:long login times?
View as plain text
I've started logging how long my php application takes to login to
mysql, and often it's well below 1 millisecond. However, I'll sometimes
get a wave of long login attempts that take 3 to 6 seconds. I've enabled
skip-name-resolv, and I think that helps. There are no long running
queries on the system. There are only a dozen accounts on the system.
The system is not running under stress, it's about load 0.9, four cores,
2Gz, 4GB ram, no swapping. (CentOS 5, Mysql 5.0.45).

I'd hate to set the connect timeout to 1 second, fail and retry in under
a second just to try to get a connection as fast as possible. Any thots
on how I might keep login times consistently low?

Thanks

Jed
Thread
long login times?Jed Reynolds6 Jan
  • Re: long login times?Jim Ginn6 Jan
    • Re: long login times?Jed Reynolds6 Jan
      • Mysql Replication out of syncShain Miley9 Jan
  • Re: Mysql Replication out of syncJose Julian Buda9 Jan
    • Re: Mysql Replication out of syncShain Miley9 Jan