List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:December 4 2008 6:39pm
Subject:RE: How to create a Unicode capable table??
View as plain text

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Ali, Saqib [mailto:docbook.xml@stripped]
>Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 1:02 PM
>To: mysql@stripped
>Subject: Re: How to create a unicode capable table??
>
>Hello,
>
>Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

[JS] I'll be interested in seeing what responses you get. There are supposed
to be collations for utf8_unicode_ci and ucs2_unicode_ci, but I'm not sure
what character set one should use. The documentation says that, by default,
MySQL uses the latin1 (cp1252 West European) character set. Curiously, I'm
running Windows version 5.0.45-community-nt and it did not come with cp1252
(at least by that name).

I get a lot of data that has "special" cp1252 characters in it (used in MS
Word, typically) and they drive me crazy nine ways from Sunday.

Regards,
Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032
860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
www.the-infoshop.com
www.giiexpress.com
www.etudes-marche.com

Thread
How to create a unicode capable table??Saqib Ali26 Nov
  • Re: How to create a unicode capable table??Saqib Ali4 Dec
    • RE: How to create a Unicode capable table??Jerry Schwartz4 Dec
    • Re: How to create a unicode capable table??Michael Monaghan5 Dec