MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:RoryGRen Date:January 18 2008 7:59pm
Subject:Select statement help
View as plain text
Hi all

I am quite new to mySQL and have the following question I hope someone can
help me with:

I have a database table imported directly from MS Access with two of the
field names having brackets - F(1) and S(1). I don't want to change the
field names, as I am simply going to import again when the database needs
updating.

How can I select these fields from the table? - SELECT F(1), S(1) doesn't
work, SELECT "F(1)" , "S(1)" doesn't work and neither does SELECT [F(1)],
[S(1)]

Thanks, in anticipation!

Rory