MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vitaliy Okulov Date:January 4 2008 11:29am
Subject:Re: INNODB ENGINE NOT AVAILABLE
View as plain text
You must copy all files from old location, probably /var/lib/mysql to
/data/mysqldata/.
Also open your mysql error log file & read it.

2008/1/4, Krishna Chandra Prajapati <prajapatikc@stripped>:

> Hi All,
>
> I was trying to change the data directory of mysql on debian. I have added
> two thins in my.cnf
> innodb_data_home_dir = /data/mysqldata/
> datadir = /data/mysqldata/
>
> Then restarted mysql server. mysql shows there is no innodb storage engine
> available. after then i again verified my.cnf. all skip-innodb is
> commented.
> I don't understand whats screwy is going on. Same thing i have tested on
> linux fedora its works properly. Whats wrong with debian.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Krishna Chandra Prajapati

Thread
INNODB ENGINE NOT AVAILABLEKrishna Chandra Prajapati4 Jan
  • Re: INNODB ENGINE NOT AVAILABLEAnanda Kumar4 Jan
  • Re: INNODB ENGINE NOT AVAILABLEVitaliy Okulov4 Jan
    • Re: INNODB ENGINE NOT AVAILABLEMoon's Father4 Jan
      • Re: INNODB ENGINE NOT AVAILABLEKrishna Chandra Prajapati7 Jan