MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:September 28 2007 5:35pm
Subject:Re: Count syntax
View as plain text
1 means that 1 will be added to the sum if the condition tests,
otherwise 0 will be added to the sum.  the condition in this case is
(supportertype = 'L') and will be applied to every row.

On 9/28/07, Beauford <php-list-user@stripped> wrote:
> Thanks - it works, but what does the 1 and 0 do in this -
> SUM(IF(supportertype = 'L', 1, 0))

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.
Thread
Count syntaxBeauford28 Sep
  • Re: Count syntaxBaron Schwartz28 Sep
    • RE: Count syntaxBeauford28 Sep
      • Re: Count syntaxMichael Dykman28 Sep
        • RE: Count syntaxCraig \(OFT\) Weston28 Sep
        • RE: Count syntaxBeauford29 Sep