MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:September 28 2007 4:59pm
Subject:Re: Count syntax
View as plain text
Beauford wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following line of code and I keep getting wrong results from it.
> Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong here. I just can't quite figure
> out the syntax that I need.
>
> select count(*) as numrows, count(supportertype) as leadcar from registrar
> where supportertype = 'L';
>
> What I want to do is count the total number of records and then the total
> number of records that have "L" as the supportertype and then display them.
>
> So I should have something like "There are 100 total records and 22 with
> Supporter Type L".

Try this:

SELECT COUNT(*), SUM(IF(supportertype = 'L', 1, 0)) FROM registrar;

Baron
Thread
Count syntaxBeauford28 Sep
  • Re: Count syntaxBaron Schwartz28 Sep
    • RE: Count syntaxBeauford28 Sep
      • Re: Count syntaxMichael Dykman28 Sep
        • RE: Count syntaxCraig \(OFT\) Weston28 Sep
        • RE: Count syntaxBeauford29 Sep