List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Beauford Date:September 28 2007 4:57pm
Subject:Count syntax
View as plain text
Hi,

I have the following line of code and I keep getting wrong results from it.
Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong here. I just can't quite figure
out the syntax that I need.

select count(*) as numrows, count(supportertype) as leadcar from registrar
where supportertype = 'L';

What I want to do is count the total number of records and then the total
number of records that have "L" as the supportertype and then display them.

So I should have something like "There are 100 total records and 22 with
Supporter Type L".

Thanks

Thread
Count syntaxBeauford28 Sep
  • Re: Count syntaxBaron Schwartz28 Sep
    • RE: Count syntaxBeauford28 Sep
      • Re: Count syntaxMichael Dykman28 Sep
        • RE: Count syntaxCraig \(OFT\) Weston28 Sep
        • RE: Count syntaxBeauford29 Sep