List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Baretta Date:December 11 1999 12:32am
Subject:WWW related question
View as plain text
Let me introduce myself: I am a computer engineering student at the Politecnico di Milano.
I have been asked by an Italian software company operating for the Italian public
administration to study present day technology to distribute DB applications over the web.
As of today, that company's information systems are based on a traditional client-server
architecture: MSWindows95 and VB apps on the client, WinNT and SQLserver or AIX and
Informix on the server. Currently, this company runs some 300 municipalities' information
systems, amounting to maybe a thousand servers. Now, this company needs to determine the
strategy to develop a new family of web distributed applications. It is in relation to
this new project that I wish to look into MySQL.

What kind of integration is possible between html documents and MySQL? Are ASPs (or the
like) supported by MySQL? Is there any tool other than CGI apps to allow users to perform
generic transactions from the web on a MySQL DB?

Thank you for your kind time.

Alex Baretta

Thread
WWW related questionAlex Baretta11 Dec