MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Les Schaffer Date:July 2 2007 3:29pm
Subject:innodb CHECKSUM TABLE
View as plain text
we are doing a checksum on our Innodb tables before we shut the server
down (Windows) so that when we restart, we can compare the before and
after. the reason for this is we are encrypting files in between data
collection sessions, and we are making double sure we haven't munged our
data.

however, i noticed that with Innodb, we can get incorrect results. the
first time we tried this on shutdown, the cheksums came back zero for
tables i know we pushed data into. when we brought the system back up,
the checksums were non-zero.

does this have to do with the way innodb buffers its data? is there a
way to get an accurate cheksum prior to shutting down?

thanks

Les
Thread
innodb CHECKSUM TABLELes Schaffer2 Jul
  • Re: innodb CHECKSUM TABLELes Schaffer2 Jul