MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:kalin mintchev Date:June 11 2007 10:41pm
Subject:Re: maximum number of records in a table
View as plain text
> The answer depends upon the actual queries and/or how much data is being
> returned.

there is ALWAYS only one record found/returned per query....  it's like
looking up one unique id.... it's like checking if number 5893786 is there
in row number one...  or something like number 5893786 - a unique id...

> trying to answer only based upon row count is NONSENSICAL, IMO.
>

> On 6/11/07, kalin mintchev <kalin@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> hi all...
>>
>> from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/features.html:
>>
>> "Handles large databases. We use MySQL Server with databases that
>> contain
>> 50 million records. We also know of users who use MySQL Server with
>> 60,000
>> tables and about 5,000,000,000 rows."
>>
>> that's cool but i assume this is distributed over a few machines...
>>
>> we have a new client that needs a table with 99 000 000 rows, 2 -3
>> columns.
>> i was just wondering if i have a two dual core 2 processors in a machine
>> with 4 gigs of ram - is that enough to host and serve queries from a
>> table
>> of this size?
>> a few tables on the same machine?
>> more than one machine?
>> what are the query times like?
>>
>> can somebody please share some/any experience s/he has/had with managing
>> databases/tables with that amount of records. i'd really appreciate
>> it...
>>

>> thanks a lot....
>>

>> --

maximum number of records in a tablekalin mintchev11 Jun
  • Re: maximum number of records in a tableDavid T. Ashley12 Jun
    • Re: maximum number of records in a tablekalin mintchev12 Jun
      • Re: maximum number of records in a tableOlaf Stein12 Jun
        • Re: maximum number of records in a tablekalin mintchev12 Jun
          • Re: maximum number of records in a tableJon Ribbens12 Jun
          • Re: maximum number of records in a tableOlaf Stein12 Jun
            • Re: maximum number of records in a tablekalin mintchev12 Jun
  • Re: maximum number of records in a tablePaul DuBois19 Jun
    • RE: maximum number of records in a tableJohn Mancuso20 Jun
Re: maximum number of records in a tablekalin mintchev11 Jun
Re: maximum number of records in a tableJ.R. Bullington12 Jun