MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Ribbens Date:May 9 2007 4:55pm
Subject:Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errors
View as plain text
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 11:17:59AM -0400, Michael Dykman wrote:
> When we first examined our server logs, we saw the same..  in our case
> (again) it was only when we slowed down and examined the timestamps on
> the start/stop messages that we realized that the server was
> restarting at unexpected intervals.

The last restart, according to both the content of the log, and the
operating system timestamp on the log file itself, was 6 days ago.
The 'lost connection' message has happened several times today,
however.

> (how did you get your binaries?  pre-compiled from the archive
> or build your own? and for what OS?)

We used the official RPMs from www.mysql.com for our exact version of
RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux ES Release 4, 64-bit).

> When you do find the cause let me know; I"m thinking of starting a
> collection :-)

I'll keep you informed ;-)
Thread
Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens9 May
  • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsMichael Dykman9 May
    • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens9 May
      • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsMichael Dykman9 May
        • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsmos9 May
        • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens9 May
  • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsMathieu Bruneau10 May
    • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens10 May
      • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens10 May
        • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsmos10 May
          • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens10 May
            • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens11 May