MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Ribbens Date:May 9 2007 2:46pm
Subject:Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errors
View as plain text
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 09:22:34AM -0400, Michael Dykman wrote:
> I realize that's quite unlikely that you have performed a similar
> sloppy import but there is likely some edge condition on your server
> (wierd permissions in the data directory, corruoted tables, etc.)
> but I still recommend that you scrutinize your server logs for
> evidence of a spontaneous restart.  If that turns up nothing, you
> might try a fresh install of mysql on a separate host to see if the
> problem persists.

Thanks for your suggestions. The hostname.err log contains absolutely
nothing however, just the usual 'mysqld started' and 'Version:' lines.
Certainly there's nothing about any restart.

> Worst case, there is an upgrade patch available which might
> magically raise you above the problem.

Indeed, I see there is 5.0.37 now. I'd rather not go through an
upgrade though unless I knew it was likely to fix the problem.
Thread
Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens9 May
  • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsMichael Dykman9 May
    • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens9 May
      • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsMichael Dykman9 May
        • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsmos9 May
        • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens9 May
  • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsMathieu Bruneau10 May
    • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens10 May
      • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens10 May
        • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsmos10 May
          • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens10 May
            • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens11 May