MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:May 9 2007 1:22pm
Subject:Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errors
View as plain text
we ran into a similar condition using 5.0.27 in a PHP application.. in
our case it had nothing to do with the version.  check your server
logs for evidence of a restart. What we had done was naively imported
innodb extents from a v.4 datbase which seemed to work fine at first
but in fact setup an edge condition whereby certain perfectly valid
SQL was triggering a GPF on the server.  I realize that's quite
unlikely that you have performed a similar sloppy import but there is
likely some edge condition on your server (wierd permissions in the
data directory, corruoted tables, etc.) but I still recommend that you
scrutinize your server logs for evidence of a spontaneous restart.  If
that turns up nothing, you might try a fresh install of mysql on a
separate host to see if the problem persists.  Worst case, there is an
upgrade patch available which might magically raise you above the
problem.

On 5/9/07, Jon Ribbens <jon+mysql@stripped> wrote:
> We are using MySQL 5.0.27 on RedHat Enterprise Linux ES release 4,
> and the MySQL-python-1.2.1_p2 connector.
>
> We are getting intermittent mysterious errors as follows:
>
>   OperationalError:
>     (2013, 'Lost connection to MySQL server during query')
>
> when attempting to connect to the MySQL server (note: on the actual
> connection attempt, this is before even trying a query). There doesn't
> appear to be any particular pattern to when these errors occur.
>
> The client and server are on different machines, communicating via
> TCP, but I have not managed to find any networking problems.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be, or
> how we might go about trying to solve it?

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.
Thread
Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens9 May
  • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsMichael Dykman9 May
    • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens9 May
      • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsMichael Dykman9 May
        • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsmos9 May
        • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens9 May
  • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsMathieu Bruneau10 May
    • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens10 May
      • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens10 May
        • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsmos10 May
          • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens10 May
            • Re: Mysterious 'Lost connection' errorsJon Ribbens11 May