MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Culver Date:January 21 2007 5:16am
Subject:Re: MySQL Administrator problem
View as plain text
Actually on my Mac; 10.4.6 ppc the MySQL Administrator will only open
to a connection through localhost. The localhost connection will
accept any authorised user to connect, but, MySQL Administrator will
only assume the privileges of the account I am working from (I have
several). It has been this way for a couple of years and through a
few upgrades; it very well could be that I have something configured
or installed wrong. What do you think?
Daniel Culver
danielculver@stripped

On Jan 20, 2007, at 7:04 PM, Kevin Spencer wrote:

> On 1/19/07, Daniel Culver <culver@stripped> wrote:
>> Are you working on a Mac? If so, logging in as root is not good
>> enough. You must have set up and log into the root user account of
>> your Mac computer or server.
>
> The OP is talking about managing MySQL accounts with MySQL
> Administrator.  MySQL Administrator does not in any way allow you to
> login to a host with a shell account, root or otherwise.
>
> --
> Kevin.

MySQL Administrator problemEd Reed18 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Administrator problemColin Charles18 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Administrator problemIgor Alexandrov18 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Administrator problemEd Reed18 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Administrator problemDaniel Culver19 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Administrator problemEd Reed19 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Administrator problemKevin Spencer21 Jan
      • Re: MySQL Administrator problemDaniel Culver21 Jan
Re: MySQL Administrator problemEd Reed18 Jan