MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Culver Date:January 19 2007 5:52pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Administrator problem
View as plain text
Are you working on a Mac? If so, logging in as root is not good
enough. You must have set up and log into the root user account of
your Mac computer or server. This, if anything is a Apple problem and
advantage. The Administrator is opening to the account you are in,
the login in window will accept any correct password combination
under ShadowHash or other authorising protocol, but you will still be
working in the account you are in with those privileges. HTH
Daniel Culver
danielculver@stripped

On Jan 17, 2007, at 4:49 PM, Ed Reed wrote:

> Unable to manage user accounts through MySQL Administrator 1.2.8.
> I've found that I'm not the only one with this problem but no one
> seems to have an answer for it.
>
> The problem is that when you select a user in the user list of the
> prog the user's detail don't appear on the right side so that they
> can be edited. If I right click on the user in the list then the
> only enabled options are Add, Refresh and Show Hosts. If I add a
> user, there's nothing else I can do it. The new user shows up in
> the list but I can't modify it or delete it. I'm logged in a root.
> I don't know what else to do.

Thread
MySQL Administrator problemEd Reed18 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Administrator problemColin Charles18 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Administrator problemIgor Alexandrov18 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Administrator problemEd Reed18 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Administrator problemDaniel Culver19 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Administrator problemEd Reed19 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Administrator problemKevin Spencer21 Jan
      • Re: MySQL Administrator problemDaniel Culver21 Jan
Re: MySQL Administrator problemEd Reed18 Jan