MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Leith Date:January 8 2007 11:52am
Subject:Re: Strange Crashing Error - Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h,
line 1601
View as plain text
Hi Jason,

Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We've been getting random crashes on our MySQL servers running MyISAM
> tables for the last month, its gotten very bad in the last two weeks.
> This has occurred on both 5.0.27, 5.1.11 and 5.1.15-nightly20070103.
>
> It crashes the tables with high queries per second. We've fixed the
> issue on one of the servers by changing its tables to InnoDB. We can't
> do that however on another server, which we turned debugging on
> instead. It appears to be an assertion failure, the error message from
> the MySQL debugging code is:
>
> Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h, line 1601
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated. Should we report this as a bug?

Any crashing is most certainly a bug, so if you could gather as much
information on this as possible and report a bug that would be great.

Please include:

o The full section of the error log for the time of the crash
o If there is a stacktrace reported, the resolved trace following:
  o http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/using-stack-trace.html
o If you could turn on core files and upload the core file, and mysqld
binary used to create it, as tar.gz to:
  o ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/upload
  o Link this in the bug report as well

Do you have any way to reproduce this as yet?

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Leith, Support Engineer
MySQL AB, Worcester, England, www.mysql.com

Strange Crashing Error - Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h, line 1601Jason J. W. Williams8 Jan
  • Re: Strange Crashing Error - Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h,line 1601Mark Leith8 Jan
    • Re: Strange Crashing Error - Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h, line 1601Jason J. W. Williams8 Jan