MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jason J. W. Williams Date:January 8 2007 2:51am
Subject:Strange Crashing Error - Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h, line 1601
View as plain text
Hello,

We've been getting random crashes on our MySQL servers running MyISAM
tables for the last month, its gotten very bad in the last two weeks.
This has occurred on both 5.0.27, 5.1.11 and 5.1.15-nightly20070103.

It crashes the tables with high queries per second. We've fixed the
issue on one of the servers by changing its tables to InnoDB. We can't
do that however on another server, which we turned debugging on
instead. It appears to be an assertion failure, the error message from
the MySQL debugging code is:

Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h, line 1601

Any help is greatly appreciated. Should we report this as a bug?

Best Regards,
Jason
Thread
Strange Crashing Error - Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h, line 1601Jason J. W. Williams8 Jan
  • Re: Strange Crashing Error - Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h,line 1601Mark Leith8 Jan
    • Re: Strange Crashing Error - Assertion failed: fixed == 1, file item.h, line 1601Jason J. W. Williams8 Jan