MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Tu Date:November 17 2006 6:43pm
Subject:Best way to backup a 24/7 database
View as plain text
We're working on a site that will most likely be up 24 hours a day.
What is the best backup strategy for the database?
The client will be using hosting services, but they haven't' picked
anyone yet.

I've been playing around with mysqlimport (pretty straightforward)
and mysqlhotcopy (haven't been able to run it...don't have the
appropriate Perl modules.)

We'll probably just take a daily 'snapshot' of the database.  What is
the best way to do this?
Am I safe with writing my own shell scripts that essentially just
calls mysqlimport?  Does that handle a live database w/o any issues?

-James

Thread
Best way to backup a 24/7 databaseJames Tu17 Nov
  • Re: Best way to backup a 24/7 databaseDan Buettner17 Nov
    • Re: Best way to backup a 24/7 databaseDaniel da Veiga17 Nov