List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:colbey Date:November 16 2006 10:12pm
Subject:Re: Contents storing in mysql
View as plain text
If your storing files in mysql, it's best to chunk/shard your data if your
not doing so already.  Example article/code at:

http://www.dreamwerx.net/phpforum/?id=1

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Shain Lee wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I wanted to store images , musics, videos ..etc in mysql database.storing contents as
> content type BLOB  , i  don't have any issues with that setup.
> But ,   now i need to store that contents in folders and should be kept the contents
> path with referrence of    contents file name .
>
> for eample , if i have a image called  sky.jpg . and that image stored in the
> /usr/local/wallpapers/sky.jpg.
> In  my database , i have defined fields like , filename , filesize, imagepath,
> contenttype.
>
> How can i do that ?
> can you give me any help ful links ?
>
> Thanx in advance,
> Shaine.

>  All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.
Thread
Contents storing in mysqlShain Lee16 Nov
  • RE: Contents storing in mysqlJerry Schwartz16 Nov
  • Re: Contents storing in mysqlcolbey16 Nov