List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:bowen Date:October 10 2006 2:24am
Subject:Re: How to speed up query of indexed column with 5M rows?
View as plain text
+-------+------------+-----------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| Table | Non_unique | Key_name        | Seq_in_index | Column_name |
Collation | Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type |
Comment |
+-------+------------+-----------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| flow  |          0 | PRIMARY         |            1 | id          |
A         |     5355268 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |

| flow  |          0 | id              |            1 | id          |
A         |     5355268 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |

| flow  |          0 | flow_uuidindex  |            1 | uuid        |
A         |     5355268 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |

| flow  |          1 | flow_nameindex  |            1 | name        |
A         |     5355268 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |

| flow  |          1 | flow_fk_owner   |            1 | owner       |
A         |      253285 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |

+-------+------------+-----------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

A mysql forum user told me that I had too much indexes. I agree. So I
decide to drop something. But drop index for such a large table also
need a lot of time.
Yesterday I tried and it took more than half an hour, finally I
aborted, can't waiting.
Thread
How to speed up query of indexed column with 5M rows?bowen9 Oct
  • Re: How to speed up query of indexed column with 5M rows?Dan Buettner9 Oct
    • Re: How to speed up query of indexed column with 5M rows?Jacques Marneweck9 Oct
      • Re: How to speed up query of indexed column with 5M rows?Rolando Edwards9 Oct
  • Re: How to speed up query of indexed column with 5M rows?Brent Baisley9 Oct
    • Re: How to speed up query of indexed column with 5M rows?Rolando Edwards9 Oct
Re: How to speed up query of indexed column with 5M rows?bowen10 Oct