MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Bradley Date:September 24 2006 6:56pm
Subject:Re: MySQL socket and logs locations
View as plain text
Russbucket wrote:
> I just check my install of mysql (version mysql-4.1.13-3.8 on SUSE 10.0) and
> the socket is in /var/lib/mysql and the mysqld log is in /var/lib/mysql.
> This is the mysql version that came with my 10.0 DVD. Did you use YAST to
> install? I don't know if these locations changed with the later version of
> mysql.

Thanks a lot for that, Russ.  The difference between our two setups is
that you've done the SuSE 10.0 YaST install of mysql 4.1.  I needed to
upgrade from that to MySQL 5.0, because I wanted to use stored
procedures.  The result is that I had to do a binary install from files
supplied by MySQL on their site.  It was either that or upgrade to SuSE
10.1.

However, I think I've sorted it by altering my /etc/my.cnf file.  Time
will tell :)
> Sorry I cannot help anymore.

Thanks for trying.  It's appreciated.

Peter

Thread
MySQL socket and logs locationsPeter Bradley24 Sep
  • Re: MySQL socket and logs locationsRussbucket24 Sep
    • Re: MySQL socket and logs locationsPeter Bradley24 Sep