MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Praj Date:September 19 2006 4:20pm
Subject:Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?
View as plain text
U can chk firewall by doing a telnet to the remote host on 3306 (
default ) port .

Error message looks like username/password might be wrong .

afan@stripped wrote:

>hi,
>I'm trying to access to mysql on dedicated web server (hosted by hosting
>company) using MySQL Administrator. Right now I'm getting error message
>2003 (Can't connect to the server...).
>On users table I can see in user column 'root' and 'admin' as users and
>both have for host 'localhost' (root has tough localhost.localdomains too)
>
>After some googling I think I have to create a user (e.g. 'admin2') and
>grant:
>mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'admin2'@'123.123.123.%'
>    ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;
>
>(123.123.123.% means I'll access from IPs that start with 123.123.123 right?)
>mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
>
>Is this all? Do I have to do something else? I do have to restart mysql
>server, right?
>
>Back to top: right now, when I try to access, I'm getting error message
>2003. Since I didn't get error "Access denied for admin2@stripped",
>I think, even I have correct user/pass, someting else will stop me
>(firewall, 3306 is blocked,...), right?
>How can I check this?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>-afan

Thread
how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?afan19 Sep
  • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?João Cândido de Souza Neto19 Sep
  • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?Praj19 Sep
    • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?afan19 Sep
      • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?Praj20 Sep
RE: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?Quentin Bennett19 Sep