List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:João Cândido de Souza Neto Date:September 19 2006 4:05pm
Subject:Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?
View as plain text

<afan@stripped> escreveu na mensagem
news:45135.216.248.119.34.1158681091.squirrel@ style="color:#666">stripped...
> hi,
> I'm trying to access to mysql on dedicated web server (hosted by hosting
> company) using MySQL Administrator. Right now I'm getting error message
> 2003 (Can't connect to the server...).
> On users table I can see in user column 'root' and 'admin' as users and
> both have for host 'localhost' (root has tough localhost.localdomains too)
>
> After some googling I think I have to create a user (e.g. 'admin2') and
> grant:
> mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'admin2'@'123.123.123.%'
>    ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;
>
> (123.123.123.% means I'll access from IPs that start with 123.123.123
> right?)
> mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
>
> Is this all? Do I have to do something else? I do have to restart mysql
> server, right?
>
> Back to top: right now, when I try to access, I'm getting error message
> 2003. Since I didn't get error "Access denied for admin2@stripped",
> I think, even I have correct user/pass, someting else will stop me
> (firewall, 3306 is blocked,...), right?
> How can I check this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -afan

Thread
how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?afan19 Sep
  • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?João Cândido de Souza Neto19 Sep
  • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?Praj19 Sep
    • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?afan19 Sep
      • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?Praj20 Sep
RE: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?Quentin Bennett19 Sep