List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:afan Date:September 19 2006 3:51pm
Subject:how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?
View as plain text
hi,
I'm trying to access to mysql on dedicated web server (hosted by hosting
company) using MySQL Administrator. Right now I'm getting error message
2003 (Can't connect to the server...).
On users table I can see in user column 'root' and 'admin' as users and
both have for host 'localhost' (root has tough localhost.localdomains too)

After some googling I think I have to create a user (e.g. 'admin2') and
grant:
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'admin2'@'123.123.123.%'
    ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;

(123.123.123.% means I'll access from IPs that start with 123.123.123 right?)
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Is this all? Do I have to do something else? I do have to restart mysql
server, right?

Back to top: right now, when I try to access, I'm getting error message
2003. Since I didn't get error "Access denied for admin2@stripped",
I think, even I have correct user/pass, someting else will stop me
(firewall, 3306 is blocked,...), right?
How can I check this?

Thanks for any help.

-afan

Thread
how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?afan19 Sep
  • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?João Cândido de Souza Neto19 Sep
  • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?Praj19 Sep
    • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?afan19 Sep
      • Re: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?Praj20 Sep
RE: how can I access to mysql fro m"outside"?Quentin Bennett19 Sep